[Frugalware-devel] Hi there!

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue May 22 12:51:19 CEST 2007

Na Tue, May 22, 2007 at 12:30:53PM +0200, Finn David <detto_o at freenet.de> pisal(a):
> To contribute to Linux community in general and in most cases to
> Frugalware I really would like to help out here a bit, speaking of
> package maintenance and localisation support for german speaking users.
> I managed to get an account on http://pootle.frugalware.org/ and already
> wrote a few translated lines, I hope this way it should be done.

yes and no :) what you did is great, but the registration is open, so
you can only translate on the translation server, but can't commit your
changes to the central repo by default. now you should have commit
access (show editing functions -> commit) for the three german projects

i mean if you don't commit (you were not able till now) then your work
is not lost, but we use the central repo as a source when generating the
install isos, etc

more info: http://frugalware.org/docs/translations

> About package maintenance , have you got further advise(s)?

sure :) since you contributed several buildscripts, we would like to ask
if you would want to get direct write access :) (to maintain packages). if
yes, then it would be good the read the following documents:

if you need any help, feel free to ask here or join us on irc:
#frugalware.dev @ freenode

once you basically familiar with these tools, you can get your account

developer of Frugalware Linux - http://frugalware.org