[Frugalware-devel] Fwd: Has anyone seen Crazy?

LOCSEI, Gabor sunfish69 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:21:13 CET 2009

Sorry, reply didn't go to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: LOCSEI, Gabor <sunfish69 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Frugalware-devel] Has anyone seen Crazy?
To: Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org>

Hello,

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 08:43:16AM +1000, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry to be a bother, but has anyone heard anything of crazy since my

Me too.

What do we know about him?
- his name is Gabriel Craciunescu
- he was born in Romania
- he was working and living in Germany for years
- he lived in Gummersbach, Nordrhein-Westphalen, Germany (he could
have moved in the meantime)
- his provider was Alice DSL (from mail headers)
- afaik his family lives in Romania and iirc he visited them a few
times every year
- he has a son named Ramon who's now ~7 years old (born March 05
2002?) and it is very likely that he was born in Germany.

What we don't know/don't have but could help a lot:
- the company he was working for
- his phone number

Here are a few of their last known posts.

http://frugalware.org/pipermail/frugalware-devel/2009-June/007031.html

I have managed to find one from the Denora team members via irc some
weeks ago, but he had no idea whom to ask at all (he didn't seem to
remember him very well).

What I can add to this, sending a mail to his 'dev0 at gawab com'
bounces back with the error that the account was deleted due to
inactivity. I guess you already tried mailing to his 'nix.or.die at
googlemail com' address, which at least wasn't deleted yet ("The Gmail
system flags as dormant every Gmail account which remains inactive for
six months. After a further three months, for a total of nine months
dormancy, the system may delete such accounts.").

I have sent another mail to Seba, the owner of pimpmylinux.org, also
known as the mirror www7.frugalware.org. As I know, he was a friend of
crazy.

I have asked someone from Germany, and he said theoretically the
authorities can be asked to supply some information about him - at
least in 'binary form', if he's alive or not. However, I'm not 100%
sure if he had German citizenship already.

Maybe someone from Germany could start an inquiry after him.
Here is the Gummersbach local inquiry contact for deceased persons:
http://www.gummersbach.de/de/37/
If nobody else, I can mail or call them.

best regards
LGee