[Frugalware-forums] Opinion about Frugalware's installer

Devil505 devil505linux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:20:06 CEST 2009

badinstall wrote on Fri, 07 August 2009 18:40
> Yes, its a terrible installer.
>
> I can't understand why the disto compilers don't understand that the first process (ie installation) should be extremely easy - that old saying "first impressions" and all that.....
>
> THey ought to have a look at PCLinuxOS 2009.x and see how it should be done!

Keep in mind the objectives of Frugalware and Pclos are differents.

"Frugalware is a general purpose linux distribution, designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode). "

PCLOS is designed for beginners.

By the way, if you are looking for a graphical installer, try fwife netinstall CD:

http://utopia.toile-libre.org/fwife/cdinstall/

 :)
--
http://frugalware-fr.org/