[Frugalware-forums] How to create a Frugalware live installation on a USB thumb drive/key?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sat Aug 8 00:43:08 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 02:14:15AM +0200, Russell Dickenson wrote:
> As I understand, Frugalware's live edition is not currently being maintained.

That's correct, Janny stopped maintaining them, and nobody stepped up to
continue his work so far.

> What I'd like to do is create a live installation of Frugalware on a
> bootable USB thumb drive/key, with all changes being persistent.  I've
> looked at two live distros with persistent changes, and they're both
> created via the scripts provided at http://www.linux-live.org/.  If I
> use the scripts from this site, am I likely to achieve my dream?  I
> haven't yet tried the scripts, but I hope to do so within the next few
> weeks.

Ideally all the fwlive scripts does is to make scripts from
linux-live.org a bit more automated. However, you can start from cratch
as well, sure.

Sorry, no idea about booting from USB, my x86 PC does not support
booting from there.