[Frugalware-forums] Opinion about Frugalware's installer

fw M8R-hn692c at mailinator.com
Sun Aug 9 11:20:04 CEST 2009

Well, I thought i'd give FW another whirl by using the graphical fwife netinstall CD installer and lo and behold it failed again.

The statement on the download page of "First, It's on heavy development and maybe buggy! So use at your own risk :p" is very true :@-))

I tried installing it in various guises/combinations thus: from different single servers and also selecting 2 and 3 and 4 european servers at once; with KDE, then Gnome, then LXDE and alas all stopped with the installation between 10 to 30% of the way in.

I have a rock solid 10Mb broadband pipe so I don't believe the download would of halted or caused any issues.

So it looks as though FW just doesn't like me and stubbornly refuses to comply with my wishes...