[Frugalware-forums] X server intel acceleration

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Aug 31 12:39:03 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 09:24:32PM +0200, Marius Cirsta wrote:
>  I have a PC with an i810 chipset, running Frugalware 1.1 RC2  and
>  trying to enable some form of acceleration.
>  Right now it's using XAA and I'd like to enable UXA or at least EXA.
>  From what I now in the 2.8 Intel driver only UXA is available but I
>  don't know if UXA is available in Frugalware.
>  Can anyone clarify this ? What kind of acceleration is the best you
>  cand get for an Intel GPU in Frugalware 1.1 ?

$ zgrep DRM_I915_KMS /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS is not set

So UXA is not available, mainly because the intel driver 2.8
documentation says that various KMS-related problems will be fixed only
in the not-yet-released kernel 2.6.31, while we ship Frugalware 1.1 with
the released 2.6.30.

Regarding EXA, are you sure you aren't using it? I have the following
line in my Xorg log:

(==) intel(0): Using EXA for acceleration