[Frugalware-forums] installation issues

James Buren ryuo at frugalware.org
Sun Apr 18 06:10:46 CEST 2010

Late response, but I will respond since no one else has.

1) I believe so, if you are trying to install all of the main groups. I suggest redoing the installation and don't install the Desktop Environment groups you aren't going to use. So, only check one of xfce, kde, or gnome.

2) There are 2 ways to fix the Frugalware password issue. Reinstall Frugalware and specify it when asked or mount the root partition, chroot into it, and change it manually.

3) Windows XP should still be on its partition if you didn't remove it. This requires merely modifying GRUB so it will have it in the menu. To my knowledge, Frugalware doesn't automatically do this for Windows, unlike say, Ubuntu.

Still got problems or questions, post away.