[Frugalware-forums] SOLVED - Problem with unmuting sound card

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 01:38:18 CEST 2010

Thanks to the following thread in the ArchLinux forums, I have solved my problem. As is quoted in the very last entry of this forum, and I am quoting here - "Under the configuration tab I needed to change the profile for my sound card from Analog Stereo Duplex to Digital Stereo Duplex."

With this change made, when I mute audio via the GNOME volume manager panel applet, the muting is also acknowledged in Pulse Audio's volume manager. Even better, when I *unmute* audio with the panel applet, Pulse Audio acknowledges the unmute and sound is restored.

According to others who I have heard complaining about PulseAudio, this may be just the start of my adventure. For the moment though I have all the functionality I previously had and so I am content.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=670339