The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.8, our eightteenth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.8rc2, but 157 changes have been made to fix minor bugs. If you didn’t follow the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes since 1.7 in no particular order:
- Updated packages: Linux kernel 3.7.5, XOrg server 1.13.2, GNOME 3.6, KDE 4.9, LibreOffice 220.127.116.11, Mozilla Firefox 18.0.1 to name a few major components.
- video decoding acceleration is now enabled in most multimedia applications
- cpu scaling should now work out of the box on i686 and x86_64
- cpupower is now only needed to modify the default cpu scaling settings
- mesa 7.11 drivers revived to support hardware that mesa upstream dropped support for
- utf8 is now the default locale encoding for new installs and upgrades
Please refer to the Frugalware Cinna ChangeLog for more information.
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Cinna from our previous stable release (Gaia), please read the upgrade part of our documentation.